What are the two best things about summer? Ice-cream and cocktails…. and the weather, al fresco dinners, summer wardrobes and generally being in a better mood, but we’re just concentrating on the two for this post! Well, not really ice-cream, sorbet but hey go with it!
I’ve been seeing a slight frosé (frozen rosé) craze circulating the Internet this summer, but because I’m more of a prosecco fan, I decided to adapt the frosé and make my own version. I call it a peach sorbet & prosecco cocktail…doesn’t quite have the same ring to it, does it? It isn’t much of a recipe, as it’s pretty simple, so don’t call me a mixologist just yet, but it’s a lovely drink that you can serve up easily for a BBQ or any get together this summer.
First the sorbet…
4 ripe peaches
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Peel the peaches, cut in small cubes and freeze overnight.
- Stir sugar in ½ cup of water, and blend with the frozen peaches and a few ice cubes.
- Add the salt and lemon and blitz until smooth.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze (either for a couple of hours or overnight)
Mint leaves or rosemary for garnish
- Add an ice-cream scoop full of the sorbet to each glass
- Pour in a capful of elderflower cordial and top it up with prosecco
- Serve up with a sprig mint or rosemary to garnish and voila!