Aubergines. Never been much of a fan, much to my mother’s dismay. No amount of aeroplane or train noises could make me eat them as a kid, and not even as an adult, until I found this recipe on Pinterest; mini aubergine pizzas. I thought I would give them a whirl. After all, pizza is always a good idea.
The dish is really easy, healthy and quick to make. Plus it looks dead impressive and innovative to any dinner guests you may have. Many thanks Pinterest, don’t know what I’d do without ya!
You will need:
- 2 medium aubergines
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 200 ml passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Grated mozzarella
- A couple of basil leaves
- Any toppings of your choice
- Wash and chop the aubergine’s ends and slice them, half a centimetre thick.
- Grill the slices on a griddle pan for a minute on each side and place on a baking tray.
- In a pan, mix the passata with tomato puree, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Spread about the tablespoon of the mixture onto each slice and add the mozzarella and toppings onto the aubergine slice.
- Place under the grill at around 200 degrees for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Lastly, add the basil leaves, either whole and chopped up.