Granola, quinoa, kale, avocado, chia seeds – all the rage in the last year or so, and although I’m slightly skeptical over some of these food fads (especially the gluten free craze), I have totally jumped on this healthy living lifestyle. You know 2016, a new year…a new me and all of that jazz!
As I work from home, the fridge & junk cupboard is dangerously close to my desk and I often find myself rummaging through the snacks to see what I can eat in between lunch and dinner. This often means having a packet of crisps or some chocolate with a cup of tea and living with my failed attempt at healthy eating tmy healthy eating for the day has failed. So I decided to make some no-bake homemade granola bars for when I start to feel peckish at 2pm…and then again at 5pm!
- 1 cup dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped or leave whole)
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts (chopped or leave whole)
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Put the dates in a food processor, until it comes together in a ball.
- Place the honey & peanut butter in a small saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Place the oats, almonds, pecan nuts & the chocolate chips in a bowl and mix together the peanut butter and dates. Stir until it combines.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper & place the mixture in. Pat down to flatter.
- Place in the fridge, for 3 hours, or the freezer for 1 hour, until firm. Cut into bars.