One of my new year’s resolutions was to shop less and spend my money wisely by investing in versatile pieces instead of spontaneous buys. Three months into 2014, and I am failing miserably. Oops. However, the up side to this is that I can film a little haul video and show you what I bought last month.
Here’s the haul:
P.S Check out my other YouTube videos and while you’re there please subscribe to my channel, because it’ll make me happy and you do want to make me happy, don’t you? If that doesn’t convince you, I’ll give you a cookie if you subscribe.
Disclaimer: cookies are virtual, not actual.
Yay for Pancake Day! After Christmas Day, my birthday, bank holidays and Fridays, Pancake Day is my favourite day of the year. I’m a massive pancake fan and my favourite topping is a generous amount of sugar, lemon and a few drops of Tabasco sauce to give it a kick. Don’t judge until you’ve tried it!
I decided to venture out of my crepe comfort zone and attempt to make American pancakes instead. Here’s how I made them:
You will need:
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the milk and egg together and then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat, either by hand or by an electric mixer.
- Make sure there are no lumps!
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter.
- When it has melted, add a ladle of batter. You can make traditional round pancakes, or opt for heart shaped ones like I did. For this, I used a non-stick fried egg ring and simply poured the batter inside the mould.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over (or toss if you’re brave!) and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with any topping you like – maple syrup, blueberries, Nutella, butter…Tabasco sauce! Go on, you know you want to try it!
Have a flipping (get it?!) great Pancake Day everyone!
1. Christian Louboutins | 2. Kate Spade Pop Corn Bag | 3. Simone Rocha mesh dress | 4. Monica Vinader rose gold and diamond earrings | 5. Rouge Allure Velvet Chanel Lipstick | 6. Charlotte Olympia Box Office Clutch
It’s Oscar night and you’re all invited…to stream it online! I love the Oscars, the glitz, glam, dresses, speeches and watching celebrities trip on stage. Therefore, I thought I’d put together a little Oscar themed wish list, complete with everything you would need to attend the awards (one can dream), including this cute Kate Spade popcorn bag (I want!!) and Charlotte Olympia box office clutch.
Have a great Oscar night. Let’s hope Leonardo Di Caprio actually wins something this year. I mean, it means more Leo screen time right girls?
Yet another pastel outfit. What can I say, pastel colours remind me of Easter time, which then remind me of Cadbury’s mini egg chocolates and that excites me greatly!
I took these outfit pictures near Hampstead Heath, an amazing part of North London, I don’t explore often enough. I wore my Topshop pink coat, a perfect transition coat and paired it up with a powdery blue jumper (also from Topshop), and a tweed beige skirt I completely forgot I had. (A Miss Selfridge number – I basically pay Sir Philip Green’s salary!)
I found this golden oldie (the skirt, not Philip!) hidden away in the back of my wardrobe, all forgotten about and feeling unloved. Yes, I do believe my clothes have feelings, ever seen Toy Story? If toys have feelings, then clothes definitely do! I apologised profoundly and made it up to the skirt by showing it off in an outfit post!
Ok – I need to stop watching Pixar movies and return to reality!
coat – Topshop (similar here) | jumper – Topshop | skirt – Miss Selfridge | bag – Mulberry | shoes – Topshop